« Home | GRACE » | YOUNG PROFESSIONAL? » | CHANGE AND HOPE » | I've been putting off posting about my experience ... » | GIRAFFES & ART = !!! » | AND A CRAFTY NEW YEAR » | LET FREEDOM RING » | NEW YOOORK CITY » | BRANDED » | SOMETIMES I MAKE THINGS »

UPPER EAST SIDE DIGS

EDIT (October 30) --- Since originally posting the below update, several crazy and unimaginable things have happened. First, we were broken into again... this time our living room window was shattered. Our management company has had no sympathy and refuses to take proper security measures to ensure our safety in the apartment. Therefore, my roommate and I haven't been staying at our apartment and are moving out this weekend. We are sad to leave the apartment, my first real apartment in New York, but it's really a matter of risking our own physical and emotional safety and well-being and that's just something that we cannot risk. Being broken into twice in two months is exhausting... absolutely exhausting. Please pray that as we move we will find peace and rest and that there are no other major roadblocks to us feeling settled. Until then... enjoy my perky little New York story and the photos from my old apartment. The new apartment will be beautiful too, I'm sure.

---------------------------------------------------

If a picture is worth a thousand words... then I'm about to give you 39,000 words! All in an effort to make up for my lack of updates since moving to the Big Apple. But before I do that... I'm going to give you just a few real words.

Almost every day I have a moment or two where I think to myself, "Wow! I live in New York!" Without fail, I am in awe of this city! People talk about it having an energy, having movement, and I suppose that's a good way to describe it. It's a sort of crowded movement though... a frenzy of energy that can be exhausting, but then something happens that's just magical and you think to yourself "Only in New York!"

For example, a couple of Saturdays ago I was walking down from the West Village to the East Village and I happened upon a street fair where I proceeded to buy a very messy, very good chicken pita kabob. As I was walking happily back toward the subway to go uptown, I stopped at a stop light and noticed a beautiful dog looking up at me, wanting my food and with the beautiful dog was a rather nice looking man. He took his headphones out and began chatting with me, walked me to the subway (about a 10 to 15 minute walk), and as he was shaking my hand goodbye asked if I ever hung out with strangers I met on the street and if he could get my number. Which, of course, he could. (This sort of thing has never happened to me before, I must add.) And then... it gets even better... when I went down into the Subway there was a guitarist down there who came up to me and asked if he could sing me a beautiful song. He sang me three love songs while I waited for the train... absolutely fantastic! And, just in case you're wondering, that guy did call but our plans fell through and we never rescheduled. Alas...

Another New York moment happened yesterday when I walked to Central Park... yes, I can walk to Central Park from my apartment. When I arrived at the Fountain, there was a crowd gathered around to watch some street performers who were hilarious and wonderful! I love that in New York one can just happen upon things... it happens all the time! I also got served cupcakes from Joan Rivers by Radio City Music Hall!! Ha!

Anyways, enough of me gloating about living in the most amazing city ever... I know all you really want is photos! So... here they are... starting with some Central Park photos from yesterday and moving on to my little apartment and a party on our terrace.








Onto the Apartment... You may notice a theme... we love birds, and other animals. We're getting a dog soon. More photos will follow :)
























I see you...


Party with my roommate's friends from grad school... a bunch of foreign architects! They're amazing! The first picture is of my highly adorable roommate, Stephanie...









And that's all from New York for now. There are so many things I could say or write about, but overall... I'm feeling more settled. And, yes, I LOVE this city!

Ok...that cake is about the most awesome thing I have ever seen.


Your apartment is pretty cool too.


I'm calling the stepdad tomorrow to try to wrangle some plane tickets, so when I have more set plans I shall let you know!!!!

Your apartment's awesome =). I miss you.

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Heather and I love people, making art, drinking espresso, airports and traveling, taking walks, recycling, reading, spirituality, discovering who Jesus is, trees in the winter time, avocados, graphic design, podcasts, sushi, cold weather, typefaces, and watching movies.