« Home | LET FREEDOM RING » | NEW YOOORK CITY » | BRANDED » | SOMETIMES I MAKE THINGS » | KIDNEYS » | QUILT QUEST 2007 » | QUILT-ASTIC! » | TOO MANY IDEAS, NOT ENOUGH TIME » | UPDATE? » | THE HAPPIEST TABLE »

AND A CRAFTY NEW YEAR

As usual, I have spent much of my break making things, mainly by stitching lovely cotton fabric together with my handy Singer 5050. And so, to bring in the new year right, I thought I would share my newest creations.

First, my family and I made new candles out of old, almost finished beeswax candles. (And, yes, those are Alamo Crackers. Much like Animal Crackers, but instead of animals there are different Texas icons. It's very exciting for Texans, you see.)


Finally I got around to appliqueing little Vespas onto dish towels for my kitchen:

With the left over fabric from the dish towels, I made some coasters. The second photos is of a coaster with one of my lovely plates and the new silverware I got for Christmas. Hooray!


So, that's it. I'm still working on my quilt. Perhaps I'll post new photos soon. I'm hand quilting it, so it's going to take forever! But, I'm very happy with it. I can't wait to put it in my apartment later this year!

" Everyday when the sun rises in Africa,an antelope knows he must run faster than the fastest lion, or he will perish. and everyday when the sun rises in africa, a lion knows he must run faster than the slowest antelope,...or he will perish. and everyday,when the sun rises in africa,it doesn't matter if your a lion or an antelope...you had better be running..." -taken from the biography of albert schietzer.

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Heather and I love people, making art, drinking espresso, airports and traveling, taking walks, recycling, reading, spirituality, discovering who Jesus is, trees in the winter time, avocados, graphic design, podcasts, sushi, cold weather, typefaces, and watching movies.