« Home | TOO MANY IDEAS, NOT ENOUGH TIME » | UPDATE? » | THE HAPPIEST TABLE » | TAKE 25 » | SHINE ON EVERYONE » | IN WORD OR DEED » | WEBVERTAINMENT » | FROM SOUTH CAROLINA TO NYC » | FIRST DRAFT » | BUILDING »

QUILT-ASTIC!

So, in my last post I said this: "I'd love to make a quilt or at least a cozy throw blanket."

And this weekend while I was at home with my family I decided that if I want to make a quilt then I ought to just make a quilt. My mom and I looked through some books and found this great early 20th century African American quilt to emulate:


So I set about buying fabric and making a plan:



And tonight I began sewing with some very exciting results. Here is section E (see above diagram):



The whole thing makes me very happy indeed. :)

Heather! Three things!

One, it was awesome to see you this weekend!

Two! I'm glad you've posted on your blog twice! It was a surprize

Three!!!1 Thanks for commenting on my blog. It was exciting and I do love comments and regular readers. I also added your blog to the list of people I like! Woot! It is an elite group that only has four members, and I know 3 of them personally.

Anyway, longest comment ever.

Bye.

It looks beautiful! How it matches your rug is so cool too. Good job! Love you, Mama

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Heather and I love people, making art, drinking espresso, airports and traveling, taking walks, recycling, reading, spirituality, discovering who Jesus is, trees in the winter time, avocados, graphic design, podcasts, sushi, cold weather, typefaces, and watching movies.