« Home | THE HAPPIEST TABLE » | TAKE 25 » | SHINE ON EVERYONE » | IN WORD OR DEED » | WEBVERTAINMENT » | FROM SOUTH CAROLINA TO NYC » | FIRST DRAFT » | BUILDING » | HELVETICA (+ BOOK COVER) » | BY GEORGE »

UPDATE?

So, apparently blogging isn't very important to me anymore since I never do it. However, I would like to change that... maybe I'll just wait two weeks to post again after this instead of five weeks or so.

Over the past week I have noticed a general trend of up and down emotional turmoil caused by multiple things but continued solely by my own foolishness. Jesus calls us to rest. He came to bring hope, to bring joy, to bring peace. And, I know he came to bring that in a big picture, whole world kind of way. But, I also believe that he longs to give that to each of our individual hearts, that we might live out of him and not out of ourselves. I believe God is a God of restoration, of healing, but what good is that healing and restoration if I still live like everything is broken?

"Ich möchte aus meinem Herzen hinaus unter den großen Himmel treten. Ich möchten beten." -Rainer Maria Rilke
"I want to step out of my heart and go walking beneath the enormous sky. I want to pray."

------------------------

On another, lighter note... this made me laugh:

I especially enjoyed this suggestion: "CHICAGO salutes NON-STANDARD CAPITALIZATION" ... Also, someone noted the C and the A in the middle of Chicago need to be kerned a bit (which in normal people's language means that the letters need to be brought together more... "kerning" refers to the space between letters). It made me laugh because it reminded me of how Aaron recently noted that he hates when people call Chicago "Chi-town" and that he would rather people call it "Chick - ago" if they are going to mispronounce it... which is basically what the sign says.

And, I got bangs... my friend Tetra made them look good after I cut them too short:

Oh! Also... everyone should start listening to Cloud Cult because they're amazing!

Kerdn't you just give them a break? I MEAN THEY ARE saluting YOU.

I'm glad you updated...I was getting tired of looking at that place-setting. I was so incensed with Chicago after reading about this "kerning" issue that I have decided to move there in October. Wish me luck!

schellhase! I heart you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • My name is Heather and I love people, making art, drinking espresso, airports and traveling, taking walks, recycling, reading, spirituality, discovering who Jesus is, trees in the winter time, avocados, graphic design, podcasts, sushi, cold weather, typefaces, and watching movies.